In the frame of the Executive Programme of Scientific and Technological Cooperation between Italy and China for the years 2016-2018. Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) and MOST.
- Project: NEU_BEAT (Neutron Beams for Cancer Treatment).
- Venue: Pavia, CNAO meeting room
- Pavia group recent works on BNCT neutron beam design from RFQ accelerator coupled with Be target
- New methods of beam performance evaluation based on Treatment Planning calculations
- Achievements on the development of new materials for Beam Shaping Assembly in Pavia
- Next steps on the production of a small prototype
- Nanjing group recent works on BNCT neutron beam design from electrostatic accelerator coupled with Li target
- Nanjing group proposed strategies
- TP tool comparison
- Proposal for sharing of clinical cases to be studied on both sides by TP simulation using the different designed beams
- Collaboration in the field of development of new materials for neutron moderators and targets